Afternoon all!

Today's post is a little bit of a mish mash, I've recently bought some new gym and workout gear, and I've been meal prepping left right and centre this week! I also thought I would talk you through my PT session with Sian from Potential Fitness today too!

So first up, my new gym gear!

On Saturday I headed to Junction 32 shopping centre in Castleford, literally so I could visit the Nike Factory, Adidas and New Balance outlet stores and came away with my new gym shoes! For £45 I thought they were an absolute steal, as after doing my research it seems they were originally priced at near enough £100!

Although, they are men's 5.0 running shoes, the women's sizing was actually too small for my clown feet haha! But I absolutely love them, they're so comfy and I've felt a difference in my workouts since I got them, definitely worth the money!

Next is my new sports bra!

I saw this on ASOS for £28, which may seem a lot, but I still have a valid student card and it's again worth the money, great support and really comfy! - Would definitely recommend ladies if you're looking for a new one!

Also, I finally got my hands on a 'This Girl Can' T-Shirt!

Plus, to top it off, they featured this selfie on their social media channels! Which I was ridiculously excited about! View them here:


Another ridiculously comfy piece of activewear, I also wear it for lounging about too, but I intend to wear it for when I start going to some classes which I'll be updating you on in the future!
 
So what else have I been up to?


Meal Prepping.
I wish I looked as glamourous as Beyonce when I was doing it but it was definitely far from the case!

I must of been cooking for about 2 hours but I managed to get about 4 days worth of food sorted! I did 2 lots of salmon, spinach, kale and brown rice, 3 lots of wholegrain pasta with chicken, quorn sausages, kale, basil with a chopped tomato sauce and then 2 lots of wholegrain noodles with chicken and kale with reduced salt soy sauce.

It is my first time doing meal prepping properly so I'm going to try and mix it up a bit and do some different dishes when I prep again tomorrow, I'm going to try and do a post with all my prep again if I'm not too flustered afterwards! - But so far, I'm finding it so much easier, I don't know why I haven't done this previously! But I'm hoping that this will get my eating back into good habits, especially whilst I'm at work, with the likes of subway, mcdonalds, kfc and greggs etc just across the road from where I work, it's almost too easy to give into temptation, no more when I have my prepped meals in toll! (wahey!), I forgot to take photos whilst I was prepping so I'll try and do a post on that soon!

But onto today's PT Session with Sian!


I started off on the Watt Bike - Where I had a normal 5 minutes and then did 5 minutes interval warm up with 10 seconds extra effort and speed, with a 20 second recovery, repeated for 5 minutes, I also tried 20 seconds with extra effort and speed and then 40 second recovery time for a couple of minutes too, to get my heart rate going.

After the watt bike warm up it was onto the treadmill starting with a 6% gradient (6.0 incline) and increasing the gradient by 0.5% every 30 seconds until I got up to 12% gradient (12.0 incline), speed varied between 2.5 and 3.0 as I have a previous knee injury and it can hinder my exercise at times.
Once I reached my 12% gradient I could gradually bring it down back to 6% which worked my legs and got my heart beating!

This went on for around 20ish minutes, afterwards I went on to work with these:

I would of done some situps/planks/pressups etc - but a couple of weeks ago I did some ligament damage to my left wrist, so we did the following for the last part of my session.

I started with single leg step ups on each leg with 4kg weights in each hand (the green ones in the photo!), after this I went straight into 15 deep squats holding a 6kg kettlebell weight, afterwards in was straight into 30 seconds of fast step ups, 30 seconds starting on each leg.

I did this process three times with small rest periods in between to get my breath back.

I'm feeling incredibly sore but feel so much better for it! I'm looking forward to my next session already! Be sure to check out Sian's page on facebook! Potential Fitness on Facebook

I've got a lot coming up in the near future which I'm hoping to both vlog and blog about! I'll be sure to keep you all updated, but until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment