Evening all,

Hope you're all doing fab!
Today's post is just a small one on the Personal Training session I did with my PT Sian!

Pushed me hard today and I'm definitely feeling it now!

So to start off with, I threw my cycling shorts on and jumped on the watt bike
 Just cycled between 50-60 reps per minute to warm up my body before getting going, then we went into interval training...

Ow.

Started off by going 30 seconds as hard/fast as I could, could really feel this in my thighs and bum (or glutes if you want to be technical ha!) with 2 minutes recovery inbetween, which I did for around 10 minutes ish, then carried on with 20 seconds hard with 20 seconds recovery.

It hurt but definitely got me warmed up!

Afterwards we went onto the step machine, which I was doing a hard minute without stopping which 30 seconds rest in between, which we did for around 10 minutes too, my calves took an absolute lashing from them but its weirdly satisfying after workout ache now if I must say!

After this we moved onto arms...

 I used the battle rope with a variety of different arm movements, 3 times for around 30 secs each, which really made my upper arms work! then did a miltary press (sort of) with a 6kg kettlebell, 10 arms each, alongside lifting 4kg in each hand 10 times with the mini green dumbells.

I also did some bicep curls with this actual bar:

Not sure how heavy it actually was in all honesty but it was heavy... put it that way haha (for me anyway!)
 
After that, arms were done and we moved onto abs (woo!)
 
Started with 10 situps and 10 crunches, I did that twice with a short break in between.
 
Then we got the big pink ball out and tried something different!
 
 I raised my legs and rested them on the ball and did 4 normal crunches and then on the 5th one I held it there for around 5ish seconds,
I did that about 4 times, then afterwards I crossed my leg over whilst resting it and did the same but twisting to the left/right for 4 reps and holding it on the 5th to make it a bit more challenging!
 
Finally to finish off:
 
I bent my knees as much as possibly could and then using my arms and touching my heels with my fingertips.

and hey presto, it was done!

Feeling incredibly achey but it was worth it!
Check out Sian's page for more info and examples of her work:

Potential Fitness

Go on, give the page a like whilst you're at it!
 
One last bit of news to share with you!
 
Last week I lost 2 pounds on slimming world! Which brings my total so far to 5 and a half pounds off! Hoping to get my 1/2 stone certificate this week!
 
 source: GIPHY
 
I'll update you soon!
 
Until then,
 
 
 

1 comments:

  1. Those crunches with a exercise ball are bloody difficult and you get a good burn from them too!
    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan | Instagram | Twitter| Facebook

    ReplyDelete